This is specially tailored to the needs of the modern preschooler and toddler. Identified needs, based on scientific research, include socio-psychological, cognitive, perceptual, physical and motor maturation needs. All these factors are taken into account when preparing a session especially for them, in order to provide maximum benefit. However, this is done whilst ensuring the necessary stimulation of these growth factors in a pleasant and playful manner.
Preschool programme outcomes (GymMunkees):
- Increased muscle tone;
- Development of gross motor skills;
- Improved balance and orientation;
- Body awareness and spatial orientation;
- Socialisation in sport and through sport;
- Improved self-esteem through achievement;
- Introduction to the sport;
- Familiarisation of basic concepts and techniques of the sport;
- Introducing basic elements and movements’ fundamental and inherent to the sport;
- Preparing for later induction into more advanced levels of participation;
- Providing an alternative to regular school sports when reaching school going age; and
- Fun and enjoyment.
This section is tailored for children ranging between the ages of 4 years and 7 years. However, children from as young as 30 months have been enrolled and accommodated successfully. In general average initial enrollment ages range between 42 - 54 months.
A single one-hour long session per week, currently scheduled for Wednesday afternoons.